Our most recently named "Landmark" was given to the community for support of 4H activities in the area by the estate of Fred Francis, who at the time of his death in 1953 was Chairman of the Will County Board.
Mr. Francis, a descendant of the early settling Francis family, had served he citizens of New Lenox Township as Supervisor and representative on the Will County Board for 27 years In addition Mr. Francis was a life-long booster of 4H activities. The exhibition building and the barn are landmarks for all who drive along Francis Road.
Please visit the Illinois Historic Landmark website for more information.
Francis Field fairgrounds circa 1960
(previously known as the Fred A. Francis 4-H Field)